All attendees of the convention are expected to adhere to the following rules and guidelines. SFC aims to provide a professional and welcoming environment for members of the furry community and their friends. To ensure that everyone can enjoy the event to its fullest, it is important that you are aware of and follow these rules. Please take the time to read and understand them. Note that these rules apply throughout the entire duration of the convention, including early arrival and late departure days.
Registration and Badges
- You must be at least 18 years old on the first day of the convention.
- Only registered attendees with an official convention badge from the current year may enter the convention space.
- You are required to wear your convention badge visible at all times, so you can be identified as an attendee of the convention.
- Attending without a valid convention badge or impersonating another attendee by using their convention badge is not permitted.
- You may not impersonate official convention roles, e.g., by wearing lanyard colors corresponding to Staff, Volunteer, or Steward.
- Changing or covering up any information on your badge (e.g., by using stickers or drawings) is strictly forbidden.
- Staying overnight in the hotel without a valid hotel booking (“ghosting”) is not allowed.
- Facilitating attendance or overnight stay without a valid permission by the hotel and/or registration team is not tolerated, and may result in a ban from the current edition and future editions.
- If you have lost your room key, please contact the hotel front desk. SFC does not accept any liability resulting from lost room keys.
- Appropriate behavior is expected at all times:
- Please treat others respectfully.
- If someone asks you to stop, then stop. If you are asked to leave them alone, then give them space. Do not discuss it.
- Some people reserve any kind of physical contact to their close friends and family only. If you are not sure somebody wants to be hugged, tackled, pounced, or any other form of physical contact, please ask the person first.
- You are liable for any damage you may cause to the property of another attendee, to the property of the convention or the hotel.
- Cleaning costs as a result of your actions may be enforced.
- Treat fursuiters carefully, in order not to damage the costume or the person inside of it. Also be mindful about the limited vision/hearing that fursuiters have.
- The following people are allowed to enter the fursuit lounge: Staff members, fursuiters and maximum one helper per fursuiter.
- No pictures/videos are allowed inside the fursuit lounge.
- Do not handle a suit that doesn’t belong to you. Is there a suit in the way? Please contact a staff member to handle it for you.
- Free snacks and drinks are available exclusively for the fursuiters that bring their fursuit to the fursuit lounge.
- Reserving fursuit space with towels/tape/items is not allowed, staff may remove these items to make space for fursuiters that require it.
Clothing and Decency
SFC wants to be as tolerant and welcoming as possible towards all attendees. This means we wish to be as permissive as possible, as long as this does not cause offense among other attendees and people who share the public spaces. Exceptions to the rules below will be clearly communicated as well as the specific hours and areas to which they apply. Be aware that some items of clothing, apparel, or similar items might bring the convention and/or fandom into disrepute and should not be worn in public. If you have to ask or think twice about doing something in public, it is a good indication that you should take it to your room. Convention staff reserves the right to determine whether any clothing and/or accessories contravene the following rules. Questions regarding rules for clothing and outfits should be directed to the head of registration.
- Wearing costumes, accessories, or displaying items made out of real fur is not allowed.
- The display of any kind of offensive symbols (including any depictions of racist, homophobic, or discriminatory symbolism) is prohibited.
- Anatomically correct costumes, furry or otherwise, must be clothed.
- Intimate interaction that goes beyond a display of affection is not allowed in public.
- Display of adult-themed materials is not permitted in public areas of the hotel. This includes (but is not limited to): room signs, flyers, business cards, posters, and drawings on public message boards.
- Exposure of fetish gear is not permitted in public areas of the convention space, even if it is part of a costume. Pup hoods, sex toys, whips and other adult apparel is included in this rule. At the exception of:
- On a costume: harnesses, collars, muzzles, leash, unbound wrist cuffs.
- Not on a costume: collars, unbound wrist cuffs.
Alcohol and Drugs
- You are expected to drink responsibly. You will be held liable for what you say and what you do, even if intoxicated.
- Persons who are intoxicated to the point of incapacitation may be escorted to their rooms. If this happens on more than one occasion, other sanctions may be imposed.
- Smoking and vaping (e.g., electronic cigarettes) are not permitted anywhere within the hotel building, including the hotel rooms. A considerable cleaning fee will be charged for smoking or vaping inside.
- It is not permitted to consume alcohol purchased outside of the hotel anywhere on premises, except in private hotel rooms. Breaking this rule may result in confiscation of the beverages and possible refusal of admission for future events.
- The possession, consumption, or sale of illegal substances will not be tolerated. The same applies to the abuse of any other substances such as drugs.
- Cleaning fines as a result of alcohol abuse may be applied where necessary.
General Hotel Rules
- The consumption of food or drinks purchased from outside of the hotel is not permitted, except in your private hotel room.
- For the safety of all hotel guests, no reckless behavior (like roughhousing or play-fighting, parkouring…) is permitted.
- Attendees may not enter the service areas of the hotel. This includes all backstage areas, service elevators, the rooftops, emergency exits, and all areas marked as “Staff Only”.
- Tampering with any fire-protection devices –in particular, abusive triggering of fire doors or alarms– is prohibited and will have serious consequences. The same goes for disabling smoke detectors.
- Do not deliberately crack open glow sticks or similar items, i.e. anything containing dyeing, sticky, or corrosive material.
- Do not stick or glue objects on any hotel surface (including but not limited to doors, walls, ceilings, elevators).
Hotel Rooms and Privacy
- You are expected to treat the hotel rooms and property of the hotel reasonably and with care. You will be held personally liable for any damage you cause.
- You have to use the trash cans provided by the hotel. Using them will avoid extra cleaning fees from the hotel.
- You are advised to ask your roommates for permission before running a room party or inviting guests. This is to ensure the best experience possible for everyone.
- You may not disturb people in any other hotel rooms.
- Other hotel guests are there on their own accord. Please limit the interactions with them to a friendly degree. If other hotel guests cause you trouble, please get in touch with the hotel reception.
Weapons, Look-Alikes, and Dangerous Items
- Please be aware of the Slovenian weapons laws. Weapons may not be carried (open or concealed carry) or transported in public spaces in a way which would disturb residents.
- All firearms and knives are prohibited at the convention. Look-alike weapons are permitted, but subject to the approval of SFC staff.
- All look-alike weapons, including replicas, tools, and toys must be approved by the safety staff immediately following your registration on site.
- Water guns, nerf guns, and similar items are prohibited inside the buildings, except at designated locations and times for specific events, pre-approved in writing by our events department. Contact the SFC staff well in advance if you wish to arrange an event involving these items. Such events are evaluated on a case-by-case basis. Even outside, care should be taken to avoid hitting any bystanders and/or damaging anyone's property.
- Mock fights, swordplay, fire breathing, or any other activities that may adversely affect bystanders or hotel property are not allowed without explicit permission by the SFC staff.
- The SFC staff may require your weapon to be peace-bound (disabled and visibly marked as accepted). Tampering with the peace-bonding is not allowed.
- All commercial activity at SFC, including Artists’ Alley/Dealers' Den, is subject to the rules described here.
- The SFC staff has the final say on all matters that pertain to commercial activity at SFC inside the Artists’ Alley/Dealers' Den.
Photography and Video
- By doing photography and videography at SFC you grant us the rights to use your work in connection with our event. Footage from private rooms is exempt.
- SFC grants you the right to use videos and photos you have taken at the convention for private and/or non-commercial purposes only.
- Publication in for-profit media (such as press, television, or other commercial mass media) requires written permission by the Head of Public Relations.
- Official SFC camera teams may record video and take photos in the public areas of the convention and during events to be used in various publications. By attending the convention, you agree that videos and pictures taken of you may be used in such publications without release or compensation. A release will only be required for material acquired in situations where a reasonable expectation of privacy exists.
- You have the right to have your image blurred or removed from the video recordings and photos made by SFC. You will have to contact the SFC staff and provide them all the information and details necessary for that.
- Photographing in the Dealers’ Den, Artists’ Alley, and Art Show is prohibited. Cameras are not permitted at all in the Art Show.
- Other restrictions or rules may apply for certain events, and will be announced on location.
Pets and Animals
- Unfortunately, the hotel doesn’t allow pets. Only service dogs are allowed at SFC, and you are required to notify registration prior to the convention.
- Having a service dog in your room might incur extra cleaning fees.
The Bottom Line
- When in doubt, please ask – preferably before the convention starts. We will gladly answer all your questions.
- The Head of Safety and his deputies reserve the right to impose any and all sanctions against violators of these rules or those persons involved in any other unacceptable behavior. The definition of unacceptable behavior remains at the sole discretion of the Head of Safety and the Convention Board.
- Sanctions for violating the rules may range from a friendly reminder to a permanent ban from the convention and/or future editions.
- If you have any problem with other attendees or Staff/Crew, please contact an SFC staff member.
- If for any reason you feel you have been wrongly treated by these rules, please reach out to the team at firstname.lastname@example.org after the convention. We will review your appeal together with you. Please use the contact form for all inquiries regarding our policies and terms and conditions. We hope you will have a great time!